Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30, 2014: Day 30 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Good Day!
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand panel
$125 unframed
$145 framed

Yes, it is a Good Day!  I have finished my 2nd 30 paintings in 30 days challenge started by Leslie Saeta.  Yippee!!!  

I can describe it in many ways…pressure filled, fun, thrilling, demanding.  The list could go on and on but most of all it is enlightening and confidence building.  During a challenge, I am willing to try things that I don't know will they work or not.  Psychologically, I guess it just takes the pressure off when I start these small paintings.  It is like Doris Day sang" Que sera sera…."  And no, I am not named after her.   

Over the next few days, I will be gathering and my thoughts about what I learned.  Plus, I have a few more paintings in the works that will continue the process I started here.  

Now, I am wondering if this painting should be renamed or subtitled Que Sera Sera.

I am happy…..


4 comments:

  1. Doris,
    I have so enjoyed viewing your paintings each day! I love the direction your work took. I especially love this one from today. I think Que Sera Sera would be VERY appropriate! :o)
    Enjoy,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie,
    I have enjoyed getting to know you and your art via this challenge. I hope you continue on, too.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Buddy Kathy,
    This has been such fun to do with you for a second time this year. You have made me a more brave painter!!

    ReplyDelete