Saturday, September 27, 2014

September 27, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


It's the Little Things
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand panel
$125 unframed
$145 framed

I have always fallen in love with tiny little places on most of my paintings.  I call them "the little jewels."  This painting has a jillion little jewels.  More than the camera can even pick up.  It is one for in person viewing to see the magic.

The surprise of the day was that the TerraSkin surfaced worked nicely.  It is probably because there are about 4 layers of underpainting.  It started out with Chinese red, cad orange, buff titanium, and then white.  All along, I thought I was going to do something with the red peaking out.  So, I left bits showing.  Then I changed my mind and intentionally covered over all the red and left bits of white peaking out.  That is when it all started coming together.

I am happy…..




1 comment:

  1. Love the blue and orange... so much energy!!! Is that a bull trying to get out???

    ReplyDelete