Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21, 2014: Day 21 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Fall is in the Air
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
mounted on Ampersand Panel
Sold

I didn't set out to paint autumn/fall again.  It just appeared.  That must mean I am really ready for it to get here and to stay for a while.  None of this going back to being summer stuff.  So, tomorrow is officially the first full day of Fall, I think.  And Fall is in the Air is here to welcome it in.

On the technical side, I am continuing to work some purples into my paintings during this challenge.  Today, it is really Magenta.  Adding Green Gold with it was interesting to work with for me.  But it was pretty darn dull and wanted to go the brown side like purple and yellow tend to do.  It took a light touch to stop brown from happening.

And if you are wondering about the slanting, uneven Turquoise line: your eyes are not deceiving you.  This painting began with about an inch wide stripe of Turquoise.  It was covered over when I changed my color pallet but then this was a VERY dull painting.  I just had to bring back that bit of brightness. 

I am happy…..   

* Please contact The Gallery at Round Top to purchase.  979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking it out. This color combination is beginning to grow on me.

    ReplyDelete