Sunday, September 14, 2014

September 14, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


The Rocks
7"x5"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand Panel
$75

The Rocks started out as only an experiment to test the TerraSkin product.  It has had many lives but as of this morning, it was not working enough to be included in the 30 in 30 challenge.  It was just an intensely colored painting of not much of anything.  Then, this morning I added some additional shadowing.  Suddenly, I loved it.  Hmmm…Is this the start of a new Stone and Rock series?  I will have to decide.

I am happy…..

3 comments:

  1. Love the colors as well!! Funny how paintings seem to tell us what they want... we just have to learn to listen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you both. I am so happy you like it.

    ReplyDelete