Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18, 2014: Day 18 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Last Light
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
mounted on Ampersand Panel
$75

I am one of the luckiest artists in the world.  I can sit in my studio, in my favorite chair and look west, across a lake.  Recently, I moved my painting table to that side of the room.  I know that view influences a lot of my paintings.  It is not a "pretty" lake by most standards but the water, sky and horizon are a constantly changing influence.  I can see almost every color imaginable out my window.  I am a lucky artist.

I am happy…..

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Has a calming effect. Love hoe the oranges peek through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Orange can be such a fun color - but for me, most of the time small amounts are just fine. I am glad you see that, too.

    ReplyDelete