Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, 2014: Day 24 in 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Rusting Out #2
8"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
mounted on Ampersand Panel
$125

The intrigue of rust has always interested me.  The same piece of metal can have many colors scattered all over it.  If it has been painted and then rusts, it is even more varied.  I love it.  I can just imagine this is a painting of a portion of an old advertising sign.

On the technical side: Today is a continuation of Day 22.  Both were started at the same time using the same colors!  I am always so amazed at the differences I can achieve by manipulating the colors with different tools and layering techniques.  Add to that, the timing of using all of the ingredients can change everything.  All of this why I say that most of my paintings can never be repeated to get the same result.     

I am happy…..

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they really are different! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris,
    I love this painting as a continuation of the previous day. It is so quiet and subtle. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you all! I am really enjoying playing with rust. I am glad you are liking them, too.

    ReplyDelete