Friday, September 26, 2014

September 26, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Andromeda
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand panel
$125

Gee, I am late posting today.  That is because this little guy has been a challenge from the very beginning.  See bits of yellow, turquoise and purple peeking through?  Yes, this painting was all of those colors plus white.  And it was not a pretty thing.  Every time I looked at it, I thought the yellow was burning holes in my retinas.

So, in stepped the indigo, gray and King's Blue.  But since it is on TerraSkin, nothing was drying quick enough.  The under painting, or painting under, was not going away quietly and it was still pretty boring.

That meant I just had to go to one of my crazy red line tactics for a boring painting.  Usually, my lines are fairly pristine but not today.  No time to dally with them today.

Too bad photographing this wet, shiny painting isn't showing all the lovely tone on tone marks that are in the large dark area.  

Are you wondering about the title?  So am I.  No, really, my husband is in other too watching the old tv show, Andromeda.  I think it is as appropriate a name for today's painting as anything else.  

I am happy…..

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! This is awesome..... I would never know you had problems with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know me. Inspiration for titles can come from the strangest places. And I could not sugar-coat today's process.

    ReplyDelete