Saturday, September 13, 2014

September 13, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


The Stone Quarry
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Paper Collage
$125

I do believe I will always be enamored with color.  I keep this quote on my artist's statement:

I paint because color is a significant language to me. – Georgia O’Keeffe

When I found it, I knew exactly what she was saying.  Colors make me happy and make me want to paint.  

There do not have to be a lot of colors in a painting to just make me say Oooooh.  They just have to be the right colors.  That is why The Stone Quarry works for me.  It is all yellows and Cobalt Blue.  Yes, the color that you may think is an orange is really Indian Yellow.  Applied thickly and right next to Cobalt Blue, it definitely leans to the orange side, making them look like contrasting colors that just glow.

I am happy…..


1 comment: