Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 25, 2014: Day 25 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Reflecting
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
Mounted on Ampersand Panel
$75

This painting is currently available through Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas. Please contact them at 214/348-7350

Sometime, some change is good.  Today was one of those days for me.  For me, the 30 in 30 challenge is really a chance to try things.  To see what works on a small scale.  I started with a panel that was already painted with a loosely painted landscape in yellows, blues and obviously the greens that evolved. There was a road, crop fields, hills and sky.  Lots of stuff.  It had been sitting on my table for over a month and I kept asking myself what the hell was it going to take to fix it short of an all over coat of white. 

Today, it came to me….give it up.  Start over.  But what about using the same colors plus white (and in the end, a few touches of Chinese Orange to liven it up).  The softened colors made me want to create a serene world.  And what is more serene than a still pool of water reflecting the world around it.  

I am happy…..


4 comments: