Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 2014 Collage of 30 Paintings in 30 Days



September 2014 Collage

Whoohoo!!  My 2nd time for 30 paintings in 30 days in 2014.  It sounds impossible have painted more than 60 paintings (yes, I have painted other things, too) this year.  Kathy tells me about the challenge and I just say ok.  And then the reality sets in.  We are the perfect pair to support each other through it.  Some may say it is the competition that keeps us going.  I really don't care what it is called.  We keep each other going to the finish line.  Thank you, Kathy.

On the technical side: I had set some goals when I started this challenge.  I just dug out my list that says I wanted to use more white and cream as neutrals.  I wanted to use stamping, circles, hard edged geometric patterns.  I may have hit some of them once in the 30 days. The goals ended up changing along the way because of the spontaneity that daily painting requires.  I am perfectly happy with that.

Things that I did.  Things I learned.
* I have always admired artists with an organic style.  I thrilled with my escapades in that direction.
* I used more purple.  I plan to continue doing that.  It can be a neutral.
* I used more orange.  I liked that and will continue it, too.
* I worked on TerraSkin and got better results.  It may become another surface choice for me.
* I discovered some color combination that I love.  They will definitely continue.
* I have to admit that there will always be some of what I call "odd man out" paintings when I do a 30 in 30 challenge.  There is nothing "wrong" with them.  They add variety to the group.
* I think this group of paintings is much bolder than the January group.  That group will always thrill me.  I think this group took my thought process to new place.

Now, I am wondering which ones of these will grow into larger pieces.

I am really happy…..



   




7 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I can't wait for the next one. We are growing and changing with each challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintings.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Congrats! YOU did a fine job.
    I also learned from this and grew as an artist!
    Best of luck with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an impact the group makes... Wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue and Carol,
    I am so happy you like the grouping. Putting them all together really made me like them even more, too.

    ReplyDelete