Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days


Golden Rim
7"x5"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor
mounted on Ampersand panel
Sold

Inspiration.  Where does it come from?  The answer is as varied as the variety of artists out there.  For me it is usually based on color.  Second to that is shape.  I can find these things in the oddest places.  Maybe it is the corner of photograph I see on Pinterest.  I have a photo of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton saved on my Color Inspiration board.  I am sure most people will think it is posted on the wrong board.  No, not for me.  I keep looking at the color and marks in the upper left hand corner.  One of these days it will become something.

The Gold Rim was inspired by a piece of pottery that I saw on Pinterest.   It is a lovely bowl with a goldish, copper edge.  The body of the bowl is a lovely green, a little more blue than my painting.  It does not bother me one bit that this painting is different.  The photograph was a starting place.  It leaves me with the possibility of revisiting another Gold Rim at a later time.

And Whoohoo…the color pallet changed. 

I am happy…..  

* Please contact The Gallery at Round Top to purchase.  979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for looking at my work, Teri. I hope you are enjoying this challenge as much as I am.

    ReplyDelete