Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Come Closer
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
mounted on Ampersand panel
$95 framed *

A photo cannot do justice to a painting.  For me, most of the time, a photo does not tell the scale of the painting .  I know to not always judge until I see it in person or at least, know the dimensions.  Really big.  Really tiny.  The size of a painting is such an important thing for an artist to consider.  

Seeing the Lucien Freud exhibit at The Modern in Fort Worth really proved that point to me.  I only went because everyone said to go.  Damn.  I am still talking about it after a couple of years.   

Come Closer is a small painting.  But within it, there are even smaller, tiny jewels of color.  It just begs to be viewed very close up.  These tiny dots of color make me sing. 

I am happy…. 

* Please contact The Gallery at Round Top to purchase.  979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I like to think small art can command a viewers attention just as much as large pieces.

    ReplyDelete