Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Variety
7"x5"
Oil and Cold Wax on Ampersand Gessobord
Sold

 This time, when I started the 30 in 30 challenge, one of my goals was using large, organic shapes and more neutral colors.  I think Variety meets those goals very nicely. The bottom portion looks white in the photo.  It is white tinted with Perylene Black giving it a cool minty green.  Perylene Black comes through for me again!

Also, it proved to me that I can have an extremely dark under painting and then work to lights and have some pure colors, too.  Gee, maybe some of this oil painting theory will work for me yet.

I am happy…..

2 comments:

  1. A Beauty! I paint with encaustics sometimes...I would love to learn the cold wax techniques, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! And I would say you should just go for it and try oil cold wax painting. There are lots of informational sites on the internet. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete