Wednesday, September 3, 2014

September 3, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days


Levitation
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Ampersand Gessobord
$95 framed *

The title of this painting is a joke between my best friend and me.  The underpainting is actually my first attempt at painting a "thing" in oils.  Lots of stuff went awry with it: no lessons, my phobia for adulterating a brush with oil paint, the list goes on and on.  So, one day, this painting may be renamed.

Yesterday, I said I am not an orange fan and you may be seeing a lot of orange once again in this painting.  Maybe I should clarify that I do love Sennelier Chinese Orange but I see it as closer to the Quin Gold I love in watercolors.  My motto in watercolors is that a bad painting can usually be rescued with Quin Gold or maybe a bright red.  

I do love making marks on these small paintings.  The tools I use seem to have the correct scale for them.  I have made a note to find tools that will translate to the scale of larger paintings.

I am happy….   

* Please contact The Gallery at Round Top to purchase.  979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com

3 comments:

  1. I really love the feel of this one, and the use of complements is so nicely balanced with the neutrals - something I need work on! Your work yesterday caught my eye, too. I hope you enjoy the challenge - I am sure enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue and Brenda,
    Thanks so much for looking at my stuff. I am happy that you like it.
    I will bet all of us are learning a lot about ourselves as we do this challenge. It certainly adds to my impulsive side. Each day, I tell myself to just try something. Happy painting to you both,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete