Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014: Day 29 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Currents
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand panel
$125 unframed
$145 framed

What a difference a day makes.  This is the third or fourth day I have used basically the same color pallet.  I never know what I will do with the same colors or how they will react with each other.  Some have had under paintings some have not.  I have a feeling these 7 colors have a lot of wonderful possibilities for a lot of paintings to come.

I am happy…..

6 comments:

  1. Doris,
    I love the progression of the palette you are using. Each painting is more beautiful (or perhaps as beautiful!) than the next! Love them all - Nice work!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is terrific. I really, really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to all of you. I am so thrilled that you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the Cold Wax dry faster on the TerraSkin than it does on the Gessoed Watercolor paper? What is the usual dry time or do you coat it with something? I am so glad to see your work on the Skins, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amenas,
    Thanks for looking at my paintings. I am so happy you like them.

    Yes, it does dry faster on the TerraSkin….at least on the initial couple of layers. But the more layers added start slowing down the drying time. After a few layers, I would say TS and gessoed WC paper are about the same.

    The biggest difference is texture. It is definitely a trade off. TS is like velvet; so, if I want more physical texture, I have to add it. Gessoed WC paper just starts out with the texture.

    I do add a couple of Thin layers of just plain cold wax as a sealer at the end. That means the ones photographed for the 30 in 30 challenge were without this last step. If I wait for them to dry, I see no real difference in the look of the paintings.

    Thanks again
    Doris

    ReplyDelete