Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

 New Direction
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor Paper
mounted on Ampersand Panel
$125

New Direction…Yes, not my usual horizontal format.  Yes, not my usual color combinations.  I am just waiting to see if TACILW (the art critic I live with) will see it and say it is "disturbing," as he has said before when I do something so different.  I actually like for him to say that because I know he has understood my intention. 

This painting has an modern, industrial feel.  Photos will never do a painting justice.  It is literally textured.  Lots of deep cuts and marks are coupled with intense pure color contrasting with subtle neutral whites and greys.   I can just see it growing up to live with a very modern collector.

I am happy…..  


2 comments: