Monday, September 15, 2014

September 15, 2014: 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


(You're driving me) Crazy
8"x8"
Oil and Cold Wax on TerraSkin
mounted on Ampersand panel
$125

Last week, I realized that I do not use purple very much in my paintings.  How could that be?  Purple has always been one of my favorite colors.  As a child, my purple crayon was always worn down to a nub.  I colored whole pages purple.  The first time I was allowed to pick paint for my bedroom, it was a lavender purple.  

Right now, I even have purple streaks in my hair.   They were put there on purpose.  So, I challenged myself to purposefully use purple in some paintings.  It was not as easy a whole page done with a purple crayon but I did it.  Purple paintings are going to take practice.

So, when you look at today's painting, you are probably wondering why the stories about purple.  Where is the purple?  I have taken, what feels like, 1000 pics over the last 2 days.  They either come out blue or red.  I am giving you liberty to imagine the purple today.  It really is there.

I am happy….. 


No comments:

Post a Comment