Thursday, January 1, 2015

Yellow Path


Yellow Path
12"x4"
Oil on Terra Skin
Sold

Please note: This painting is now available at The Gallery at Round Top.  Please contact the gallery at 979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com.


Today brings a lot of new things for all of us.  I decided to start things off with a stretched rectangular format that I haven't used in a while.  Standard format paintings have never been a favorite of mine.  That is why I use a lot of squares.  It is amazing how difficult it is for me to go from square to rectangular.  All those little shapes that I love so much need to change to go with the format.  I have to think in a different format, too.

This small one is a start toward something I have been planning for a while.  I have 5 24"x6" cradled panels that have been calling to me for months.  I have the idea that they will placed end to end to form an extremely long (or tall) painting.  Hmmm....What will happen to them in 2015?

Today also brings another 30 paintings in 30 days challenge with Leslie Saeta.  I just signed up for it yesterday.  I was being totally indecisive.  I have only committed to myself to paint "a lot."  I hope it is every day but I don't know about that .


No comments:

Post a Comment