Monday, January 5, 2015

Finding the Angles


Finding the Angles
4"x4"
Oil on Terra Skin
$115 Matted and Framed

Please note: This painting is now available at The Gallery at Round Top.  Please contact the gallery at 979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com.


As you have probably noticed, I am a very horizontal and or vertical painter.  I love the organization of a grid.  Horizontal formats are just soothing.  Vertical is more edgy.  With all of that in mind, I decided to try a different direction - literally a different direction - a diagonal.  

One of the joys of painting daily is the freedom to try new things.  Recently, I read Carol Marine's new book.  She talks about, that when you paint daily, each painting not being as precious and that you don't have as much invested in them.  I am still mulling that over.  I am beginning to think that daily painting just gives me the freedom to work without fear.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful abstract Doris! Love the diagonal and the red square: very energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is my favourite so far, it is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horizontal, vertical, or diagonal, you do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I get so excited when you make such thoughtful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doris,
    I love this one! The composition with the diagonals and the red square - is great! (FYI - when I first saw the name I read it as "Finding the ANGELS" Funny, huh?)

    ReplyDelete