Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Colors, Shapes and Marks


Fireworks
4"x4"
Oil
$75 matted

How many colors do you see?  I see yellows, oranges, reds, blues, greens, blacks....and probably a few more.  I hate to tell you there are only 3 and one of those is almost all wiped away.  This painting was done with Chinese Orange and Indigo with Buff Titanium wiped off.  It is interesting that if I can catch Chinese Orange at a certain stage of drying, it leaves yellow.  This was a spontaneous little painting.  Lots of fun.  Sort of like fireworks.

4 comments:

  1. Doris,
    This is just amazing! It's fascinating what a limited palette can do, right?!? I love it. Your line work is great as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fire and neon all wrapped up in one amazing painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yes, makes me think of the Chinese new year celebrations - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I saw fireworks, too.

    ReplyDelete