Monday, January 12, 2015

Calling to Me


Calling to Me
8"x8"
Oil on Terra Skin
$175 Matted and Framed

Please note: This painting is now available at The Gallery at Round Top.  Please contact the gallery at 979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com.


This painting has be calling to me for a couple of weeks.  She was started in December but remained unfinished because I ran out of the colors I was working with on my pallet.  Today, I found her and had to figure out how to continue.  That was be a challenge for me.  I usually paint the small abstracts in one sitting.  Maybe I should work this way more often.  I like that it allowed me to layer more and keep some harder edges.   


4 comments:

  1. Doris.
    This painting is calling to me as well! It is wonderful!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this one a lot. Maybe it is the fact there are some hard edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the way I am working even with the acrylics at the moment, I have several on the go (always have when working in oils because of drying times) and I build up so many layers. I love how the surface gets richer and richer, which is what I see in your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you all! I appreciate you all so much.

    ReplyDelete