Monday, January 19, 2015

Sky and Wind


Story of a Storm
8"x8"
Oil
NFS

This painting has quite a story to tell.  It has been everything...an absolute abstract with geometric shapes.  An orange painting.  Wiped off with Gambol.  A blue painting.  You name it and I probably tried it.  Suddenly, a greyed green appeared in the foreground.  It was the silver green that I see on the lake some days.  Sometime, it is an absolutely still lake, and other times, it is boiling.  It all has to do with the sky and the wind.  Today, I choose the stormy one.  

I will never get tired of getting to watch the lake from my studio.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/doris-vasek/sky-and-wind/315893


7 comments:

  1. Doris,
    This is so beautiful and so dramatic...WOW! Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great version of a storm. Make me feel like I better stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dynamic brush strokes !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you have to wait to hear what the painting tells you to paint! It is a lovely view and a super painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Connie, Glad you like it. It really was fun to paint.....once I got going in this direction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! This one is hanging on the wall in my studio. It may just stay there.

    ReplyDelete