Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Sky Made Sounds

The Sky Made Sounds
16"x20"
Oil and Cold Wax on 2" cradled Ampersand
NFS



12/13/15 Update: It has been changed again; so, it is not available in this form. 

I have to be honest.  I came to this painting the long way around.  There is a totally different painting underneath.  I hated it. TACILW hated it.  But still, it hung around the studio for over a year until a couple of weeks ago.  I was suddenly in a devil may care mood and just painted over it.  

I painted vigor and motion.  There was a lot of actual sound to the painting process.  Cutting.  Scraping.  Pushing paint.  This is one of those paintings that I wish you could see up close.  Those little jewels are showing up in it.

And, I am going to be honest and say, this painting did not have a title until just now.  Writing about how she came to be told me what she wanted to be called.  Once again, the painting was leading me.

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/doris-vasek/the-sky-made-sounds/312616



1 comment: