Friday, January 9, 2015

Swirling and Falling


Swirling and Falling
16"x12"
Oil and Cold Wax on  2" cradled Ampersand
$400

Update: Swirling and Falling has been accepted to Irving Art Association's Texas and Neighbors 2015 Exhibition.  Whoohoo!!  The show hangs April 18 - May 16 at the Irving Arts Center.

Today, I am posting a rather controversial painting.  That is, controversial around my house.  TACILW hates it.  I say I am trying it out for a while.  My thoughts about it have ranged from Too Dark to Too Messy to Rather Interesting to Not My Usual.  It is really textured and rather odd.  I think it is so different and I do like it!  I wish you could see it in person.





3 comments:

  1. Hello Doris, I like this too! I like the texture, particularly where the yellow is glowing through the dark blue/indigo area, Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire, I am glad you like it!. This is another painting that has another painting underneath. That is what you see coming through in places. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete