Sunday, October 19, 2014

Untitled October 19


Untitled October 19
4"x4"
Oil on Terra Skin
$50

I promise that I have not been eating bonbons since the 30 in 30 challenge was completed.  Hardly the case.  Since then, Joetta and I hung our show at KE Cellars and had the reception, which was a great success.  And now, I am contemplating things to come.  

So, today's painting is even smaller than usual.  It is only oil paint.  No cold wax.  I have decided to work on unmounted TerraSkin for a while.  Even the 16 pt product buckles more than I like when cold wax is applied to it; so, for a while, I am going to use just oil paint.  

When I worked in watercolors, the motto I was taught was "go big or go home."  So, I am still mulling over the smaller size for my abstracts.  Are they acorns that will want to grow?  Are they color studies?  Shape studies.  I don't know where they will go but...

I am happy…..  

No comments:

Post a Comment