Saturday, October 4, 2014

Slipping Below the Horizon


Slipping Below the Horizon
6"x6"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed Watercolor paper
mounted on Ampersand panel
$95 Framed*


During the challenge, I was experimenting with potential color combinations.  I saw a tiny area in one of them that I cut out and saved.  That is the 1.25"x1.25" in the lower right corner of the above image.  It was such an interesting combination - Grumbacher Ultramarine Red, Sennelier Chinese Orange and White.  Are you surprised to not see any kind of purple?  Grumbacher Ultramarine Red is really made from PV15 pigment.  Crazy!  It is a lovely purple.  Not red.

So, today's post is my attempt to enlarge the tiny one.  Who knew that only 3 colors could make such a dynamic sunset.  I know we have all seen a sunset that just burns with orange and purple.  I love that last little sliver of sun as it slips below the horizon.  

I am happy…..

* Please contact The Gallery at Round Top to purchase.  979.249.4119 or ARTtgart@aol.com





No comments:

Post a Comment