Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Day 15 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge



Homage to Gerhard Richter
5"x7"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed WC Paper
$75

I am really getting outside my comfort done today.  Totally loose, all over pattern has never been my thing but I decided to give it a try.  It began with paint left over from other paintings but mainly primary colors.  That was entirely too garish.  I decided to use one of my personal challenges - working with more neutral colors.  The result reminded me of a Gerhard Richter painting - thus the name.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful medley of colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see reflections in puddles on the street. The rain is falling and the puddles are settling after a car has gone by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bhavani, I am going to have to remember to always check if I have a "medley of of colors" in a painting. I really like your term. Thanks for looking at my blog, Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, I am rather new at abstract painting. I amazes me at the different "things" that everyone sees in them. Seeing water and color reflections from somewhere outside the scene is wonderful. Thanks for looking at my blog, Doris

    ReplyDelete