Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 14 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Mesa 6: Southwest State of Mind
(Ghost Ranch Series)
5"x5"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed WC Paper
$95

Day 14!  Yes, almost half way there but just saying painting every day for 2 weeks sounds wonderful, too.  

This painting started out really pale.  I would say almost a value 3 (That value may be backwards to oil painters.  I started out with watercolors; so, to me it is a 3 and not a 7.) and really did not feel like my kind of painting.  So, I applied my favorite thing to tell myself "Just go for it."  Then it became another New Mexico painting.  NM requires bold colors by my way of thinking.

Southwest State of Mind is available at The Gallery at Round Top. 
ARTtgart@aol.com
979.249.4119

No comments:

Post a Comment