Thursday, January 30, 2014

Day 30 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge - I did it!!!!!!!


Shapes of Drama
5"x7"
Oil and Cold Wax Medium on Gessoed WC Paper
Sold



Coming Full Circle
5"x7"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed WC Paper
Sold

It is over!!!!  And I am a little sad and happy all at the same time.  The word "Challenge" is so appropriate.  This has been such a learning experience on many levels.  In the next few days, I will be getting my thoughts together for another posting about all of it.

As to why there are 2 paintings posted today - my choice was Shapes of Drama.  For the whole challenge, I had been considering a cruciform design.  It has never been one of my favorites.  So, this was sort of aversion therapy and my last chance during the challenge.

Then I showed it to The Art Critic I Live With.  His nose wrinkled up.  Not a good sign usually.  So, I showed him Coming Full Circle and got "That one is better."  To humor TACILW, I am posting it, too.

Coming Full Circle's name comes from how it relates to Day 1's painting.  Viewed individually, I thought they were too much alike but side by side, there are variations.  Maybe they are like children - the same and different, all at the same time.  I love both paintings equally.

Thank you, Kathy Elliott, for getting me to do the challenge.  I think we supported each other very well!!!  Love you 

Shapes of Drama is available at The Gallery at Round Top. 
ARTtgart@aol.com
979.249.4119 




2 comments:

  1. I love them both! The ACYLW has been helpful!
    Thank you for supporting me through this process as well!
    Love you too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I are the perfect pair of artist buddies! We knew how to help each other achieve things we didn't know were possible when we started the challenge.

    ReplyDelete