Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 25 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Hillside Villas
5"x5"
Oil and Cold Wax on Gessoed WC Paper
$75

The under painting for this was leftover paint from yesterday's painting.  That is how a lot of my paintings begin - with the desire to not waste paint.  When I switched from watercolors to oils, one of my first reactions was that the new medium was wasteful.  I had been used to just reconstituting my watercolors.  So now, ever frugal Doris slaps the oil and wax leftovers on another surface.  There is aways a new painting just waiting for me to begin.

Also, I will claim that this is a continuation of The Art Critic I Live With's yellow challenge from yesterday.  

My friend, Kathy's challenge for me was to work with diagonal design.  It started with shapes that reminded me of buildings cascading down a hill, trees and vegetation all around them.  Some of the windows are hidden in the shade and others are reflecting the beautiful sky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment