Monday, December 15, 2014

December 15, 2014


December 15, 2014
4"x4"
Oil on Terra Skin
$75 matted

This is another of my demo paintings.  I think I am still recovering from the day at Dutch Art Gallery.   Basking in the fun I had there.  As an artist that works alone in my studio, it is a challenge for me paint and talk at the same time.  This painting evolved from applying several layers of paint and then cutting down into them to expose lower layers.  Then I did some stamping with a fine mesh.  That is something that I seldom do and need to remember it more.  I love the positive and negative look of the stampings.

This painting will be shipped matted in white, outside dimension 8x8.  It will be sealed with Golden Archival Satin Varnish.

2 comments:

  1. Doris,
    Congratulations on your Gallery experience - and painting with people watching. That can be daunting at first when you are used to painting solo in your studio.
    I love what you produced. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie, Thanks so much. This really was s different sort of demo than a "planned" one for an art group. It taught me to paint and chat. It was fun.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete